Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Miss Crump's will remain as an archived resource but no further new activity will be allowed.  Please visit our NEW community at iMayberry Community
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The TAGS Blooper Thread (Read 31837 times)
May 21st, 2007 at 12:52am

Dud Wash   Offline
A pestilence will find
you.
Texas

I was hoping all of you who have noticed bloopers in the show could post'em here.  I'd like to collect'em and maybe add them to the Mayberry wiki "The Mayberry Historical Society", plus I'd like to be able to pick'em out as I watch.  I know some of you have already posted one or two or more.  I hope you'll post'em here too.  So, what bloopers do you know of?

Here's my contribution for tonight.

I was watching "Barney and Thelma Lou, Pffft!" and while Gomer is driving Thelma Lou to her dentist appointment in Mt. Pilot, he's talking to her about Barney and mentions that Barney works for the city.  Oops.  As we know, Barney works for the county.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2009 at 8:02pm by Dud Wash »  

"How 'bout playin' Never Hit Yer Grandma with A Great Big Stick?"
IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 21st, 2007 at 5:58am

Bobby Fleet   Offline
He's one of them joke
crackers, Ange!

I just watch "Goober's Replacement."
At the end Flora asks Goober if he has to work tonight.
Goober says YES.
They talk about dinner and a movie.
Goober says "I'll see ya about 6:00."

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2007 at 9:57am

Briscoe Darling   Offline
"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

Dud Wash wrote on May 21st, 2007 at 12:52am:
I was hoping all of you who have noticed bloopers in the show could post'em here.  I'd like to collect'em and maybe add them to the Mayberry wiki "The Mayberry Historical Society", plus I'd like to be able to pick'em out as I watch.  I know some of you have already posted one or two or more.  I hope you'll post'em here too.  So, what bloopers do you know of?

Here's my contribution for tonight.

I was watching "Barney and Thelma Lou, Pffft!" and while Gomer is driving Thelma Lou to her dentist appointment in Mt. Pilot, he's talking to her about Barney and mentions that Barney works for the city.  Oops.  As we know, Barney works for the county.

I caught that one too, Dud!  You can also see a tarp or blanket hanging behind the glass in the cab of the truck which normally wouldn't be there, but was put there so WE wouldn't see the rest of the inside of the set in the studio!!

I think this is a good thread to start!!   Wink   Great idea, Dud!!   Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2009 at 8:03pm by Dud Wash »  

"Thought about killin' him, kinda hated to go that far"
IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2007 at 10:01am

Dud Wash   Offline
A pestilence will find
you.
Texas

There's the blooper when Barney is trying to remember the preamble to the Constitution and they shot it from two angles.  In one, his hair is messed up and from the other his hair combed.  It's in the episode "Opie's Ill-gotten Gain."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuPQgV8yBM
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2007 at 10:19am by Dud Wash »  

IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2007 at 10:06am

Briscoe Darling   Offline
"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

Dud Wash wrote on May 21st, 2007 at 10:01am:
There's the blooper when Barney is trying to remember the preamble to the Constitution and they shot it from two angles.  In one, his hair is messed up and from the other his hair combed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuPQgV8yBM

Yessir, that one is almost TOO obvious!!  I think both Andy and Don were cracking each other up so much, that they had to do take after take to get it right!!   Grin

"Thought about killin' him, kinda hated to go that far"
IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2007 at 10:24am

molly harkin   Offline
quarter!
fort smith, arkansas

the one in Black Day for Mayberry, when the two T-Men are sitting in the chairs in the Sheriff's office with their hats off, and when Opie enters and walks in front of them you see them with their hats on.

I heard you'd been over there.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2007 at 10:58am

Shermy   Offline

One of my favorites is in Barney's First Car.  As Barney drives everyone around, you can hear Aunt Bee talking on the soundtrack while she is visibly sitting quietly in the back seat.  (It occurs while everyone is discussing the person's farm.)

IP Logged

Reply #7 - May 21st, 2007 at 1:33pm

Puddingtame   Offline
I Love Mayberry!

molly harkin wrote on May 21st, 2007 at 10:24am:
the one in Black Day for Mayberry, when the two T-Men are sitting in the chairs in the Sheriff's office with their hats off, and when Opie enters and walks in front of them you see them with their hats on.

The story I heard was one of the original actors hired to play that part had a health problem after shooting had begun and they stuck Rance Howard in to fill for him. If you watch close in Black day for Mayberry you will see when Opie walks in and the camera follows him over to Barney's desk, the fellers sitting in the background (at least the one feller) is not Rance and they are both wearing their hats.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2009 at 5:13pm by Dud Wash »  

Puddingtame! Ask me again I'll tell you the same!
IP Logged

Reply #8 - May 21st, 2007 at 10:06pm

DB   Offline
I Love Mayberry!
High in the Rockies

Here is one I never noticed until tonight.......

In "Aunt Bee on TV".......When Mr. Heathcote (the IRS man) sits down in the courthouse,  he goes to open his briefcase but it's facing the wrong way!

He has to reach over the top to open it  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #9 - May 21st, 2007 at 10:16pm

Mary Grace   Offline
Nice. Real nice.

You all are an inspiration to those of us who are beginners as trained noticers.

I've seen most of the episodes you mentioned, and only noticed about half of the bloopers. Usually, I get caught up in the story and miss any bloopers.

During our lifetime we travel many roads...
IP Logged

Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2007 at 4:05pm

Dud Wash   Offline
A pestilence will find
you.
Texas

Another blooper is in the first episode, "The New Housekeeper," when Andy and Opie are in Opies room and you see the boom microphone's shadow move across the wall and door.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2007 at 4:16pm by Dud Wash »  

IP Logged

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2007 at 2:35pm

Mr Wheeler   Offline
no where

Howards new life.

As the bus is pulling away look very closely in the windows of the bus, And you will see the set lights on the building.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2007 at 2:51pm

Mr Wheeler   Offline
no where

The Wedding

Right before goober and Howard walk thru the beads to go into the living room  to start the party...the top of a camera crews man's head can be seen...
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2009 at 2:38am by Dud Wash »  
IP Logged

Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2007 at 3:36pm

Mr Wheeler   Offline
no where

You know about black day for Mayberry bloopers...a few in that one...Rance Howard blooper.....Fuel on barney's pants in the truck and on the floor and the fuel is gone in the next scene.

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2009 at 2:40am by Dud Wash »  
IP Logged

Reply #14 - May 23rd, 2007 at 3:46pm

Mr Wheeler   Offline
no where

In the Darlings are comming. Andy is seen walking to the darling truck and his mike wire is hanging out of the bottom of his pants. Also wires showing by the truck. Its amazing no one tripped over them.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2009 at 3:00am by Dud Wash »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print