Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Miss Crump's will remain as an archived resource but no further new activity will be allowed.  Please visit our NEW community at iMayberry Community
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TAGS in Overdrive (Read 656 times)
Mar 17th, 2008 at 12:30am

Phil Sunkel   Offline

In the early 1960's, an hour-long TV show was interrupted by approximately 9 total minutes of commercials.
Today that number has doubled to 18 minutes.  A half-hour show had 4 minutes, versus 8 minutes today.

There are three editing techniques being used to fit old TV reruns into smaller spots.  One is to remove portions
of the script ( we've all seen that ), one is to delete the epilogue ( we've seen that too ).  The third is to literally
"speed up" the video.

Tonight was an obvious example of "speeding up" when TVLand rebroadcast Episode 26: The Inspector.
The dialogue and movement were moving unnaturally fast.  I compared it with my DVD.

Weird, man.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 8:00pm

Briscoe Darling   Offline
"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

Phil Sunkel wrote on Mar 17th, 2008 at 12:30am:
In the early 1960's, an hour-long TV show was interrupted by approximately 9 total minutes of commercials.
Today that number has doubled to 18 minutes.  A half-hour show had 4 minutes, versus 8 minutes today.

There are three editing techniques being used to fit old TV reruns into smaller spots.  One is to remove portions
of the script ( we've all seen that ), one is to delete the epilogue ( we've seen that too ).  The third is to literally
"speed up" the video.

Tonight was an obvious example of "speeding up" when TVLand rebroadcast Episode 26: The Inspector.
The dialogue and movement were moving unnaturally fast.  I compared it with my DVD.

Weird, man.

I noticed this too, Phil.  I figured it was just the editing of scenes to make room for commercials.  I never knew "they" did this.

"Thought about killin' him, kinda hated to go that far"
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print