Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Check The eBullet Archives for all the issues of The eBullet, the TAGSRWC official eNewsletter, for all kinds of Mayberry news.
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Andys other jobs (Read 2458 times)
Mar 18th, 2008 at 8:42am
tulsarick  

What other jobs did Andy have after leaving Mayberry? In an episode of RFD when he & Helen return for a visit (Andy JR) he mentions the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. In 'Return to Mayberry' did he mention he`d been a postal inspector?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:02am

Briscoe Darling   Offline
"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

Quote:
What other jobs did Andy have after leaving Mayberry? In an episode of RFD when he & Helen return for a visit (Andy JR) he mentions the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. In 'Return to Mayberry' did he mention he`d been a postal inspector?

In the episode "Andy's Baby"  #31 of  Mayberry R.F.D.   Andy and Helen live in Charlotte, NC where he works with the NC Bureau of Investigation.

In "Return to Mayberry"  Andy and Helen have been living in Cleveland, Ohio where he was a US Postal Inspector.  He comes back to Mayberry to try and win his old job back.

"Thought about killin' him, kinda hated to go that far"
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:19am
Regis  

Briscoe Darling wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:02am:
In the episode "Andy's Baby"  #31 of  Mayberry R.F.D.   Andy and Helen live in Charlotte, NC where he works with the NC Bureau of Investigation.

In "Return to Mayberry"  Andy and Helen have been living in Cleveland, Ohio where he was a US Postal Inspector.  He comes back to Mayberry to try and win his old job back.

You mean Andy worked for the SBI ?  I thought all they did was traffic control until the FBI got there?   Grin   I never knew about the postal inspector either.  Amazing the things one can learn by hanging around this place.  Thanks Briscoe!  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:24am

"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

Quote:
You mean Andy worked for the SBI ?  I thought all they did was traffic control until the FBI got there?   Grin   I never knew about the postal inspector either.  Amazing the things one can learn by hanging around this place.  Thanks Briscoe!  Smiley

You're quite welcome, Rege!!!    Traffic Control!   Grin   That's about right!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:26am
tulsarick  

My bad Briscoe. I knew it was NCBI, not Georgia.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 10:22am
Regis  

Briscoe Darling wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:24am:
You're quite welcome, Rege!!!    Traffic Control!   Grin   That's about right!

Too bad they called it NC Bureau of Investigation instead of SBI as we really call it.  Actually, I have known several of those agents over the years and they are pretty good guys.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 12:47pm

PharmacyGal :)   Offline
Looking foward to TOM
Washington State

He was a Mayor in The New Andy Griffith Show.

I'd be happy to go to the dance with you Andy!
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 3:39pm

"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

PharmacyGal Smiley wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 12:47pm:
He was a Mayor in The New Andy Griffith Show.

He was NOT Andy Taylor though.  He played Andy Sawyer and the show was not a continuation of TAGS or Mayberry RFD.  It was a totally different setting in a different town.  It only lasted 13 episodes, before it was cancelled.  The public wanted Andy Taylor and Helen Crump back in Mayberry.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 5:48pm

Bernie_exMember   Offline

Let's not forget Andy's illustrious career in the laundromat business, brief as it was.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 6:35pm

Seth Taylor   Offline
SETH TAYLOR, founder of
Mayberry
HOKES BLUFF. ALABAMA

And he had a salvage business in "Salvage 1". Kinda like a high tech Fred Sanford. Cheesy

Mayberry was almost called Taylortown!
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 7:34pm

Moonshine Moo   Offline
I Love Mayberry!

That's S A N F O R D period

The Truth Is Out There / Trust No One
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:00pm

SWFLguy   Offline
Mr. Schwump rocks !
SW FL

Makes me wonder--- if Andy Griffith had such control over the shows he did between TAGS and Matlock that we will never see reruns of them. Anyone know ?

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Mar 19th, 2008 at 3:25am

Moonshine Moo   Offline
I Love Mayberry!

Andy also had the job of helping Barney out of tight spots

The Truth Is Out There / Trust No One
IP Logged

Reply #13 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 3:45pm

KayEn78   Offline
Here's me dreaming about
going to Mayberry.
Illinois

Yeah, and he did that a lot!
-Kristi

Opie:  "That's 'cause I wrote [my chores] on my wrist."  Andy:  "Maybe I oughtta take back that quarter, 'cause you ain't been washin' that wrist."  Opie:  "That ain't one of the chores, Paw."
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 9:16am

Pierre   Offline
Say what you want dahhhhling,
but I married Ellen!

Didn't he play a school headmaster oncet?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print