Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  The Two Chairs No Waiting Andy Griffith Show Fan Podcast is NEW each Tuesday night at 8pm ET so tune in and give it a listen.
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ellie comes to town blunder (Read 1409 times)
Mar 25th, 2008 at 5:05pm

Mr Wheeler   Offline
no where

In the opening scene, Ellie tells Barney that her store is being robbed, Barney gets out of the car (finally) draws his gun and runs into the Pharmacy, yelling "all right mister I got you red handed , just stick em up" then he says "Andy its you"  finally he tells Ellie "you almost had me shoot my own sheriff......Does'nt Barney realize his bullet is still in his pocket,  Shocked   He pulled an empty gun on who he thought were robbers.   Cool

BTW, this happens to be the episode that I got the name for our own PHARMACY GAL....... Cool

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 5:34pm

PharmacyGal :)   Offline
Looking foward to TOM
Washington State

Interesting, I never caught that Mr Wheeler!

I'd be happy to go to the dance with you Andy!
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 5:54pm

Hodie Snitch   Offline
Get off my lawn.
Lynn Haven FL

I was under the impression that Barney would often sneak the bullet out of his pocket and load his Roscoe. If you don’t believe me then count the bullet holes in the Courthouse ceiling and floor. 

This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.
Will Rogers
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 7:48pm

Seth Taylor   Offline
SETH TAYLOR, founder of
Mayberry
HOKES BLUFF. ALABAMA

Hodie Snitch wrote on Mar 25th, 2008 at 5:54pm:
I was under the impression that Barney would often sneak the bullet out of his pocket and load his Roscoe. If you don’t believe me then count the bullet holes in the Courthouse ceiling and floor.  

That was the thought I had, Sidecar. That bullet was in there many times when it wasn't supposed to be. Just watch the end of "The Gentleman Crook" episode.

Mayberry was almost called Taylortown!
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 10:38pm

uncle nat   Offline
Hey, you ain't Uncle Nat....you're
a goat!
greencastle

Wasn't this only the 4th episode? I don't think Andy started to make Barney keep his bullet in his pocket yet!  Huh

One wrong move and we'll all go PLOOWIE!
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 8:43am

Pierre   Offline
Say what you want dahhhhling,
but I married Ellen!

I think you're right Nat.  Maybe Briscoe can give us the timeline on Andy dis-ammunitioning Barn.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 3:13pm

Mr Wheeler   Offline
no where

uncle nat wrote on Mar 25th, 2008 at 10:38pm:
Wasn't this only the 4th episode? I don't think Andy started to make Barney keep his bullet in his pocket yet!  Huh

If this is the case, and his revolver was loaded then why when you look into the cambers of the revolver you dont see any cartridges. If it was prior to being disarmed why would'nt his revolver be fully loaded ? ....the town could'nt afford 6 bullets..no I dont think that could be right...I think it was an overlooked blooper. Cool

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 4:19pm

Mary Grace   Offline
Nice. Real nice.

Seth Taylor wrote on Mar 25th, 2008 at 7:48pm:
That was the thought I had, Sidecar. That bullet was in there many times when it wasn't supposed to be. Just watch the end of "The Gentleman Crook" episode.

Grin  That ending is so fabulous! "You didn't know, but I KNEW!" LOL!

During our lifetime we travel many roads...
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 4:38pm

Mr Wheeler   Offline
no where

I'll take it..... Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print