Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Visit iMayberry.com for more Mayberry fun.
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 
Send Topic Print
PRAYER REQUESTS (Read 39987 times)
Reply #315 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 11:47pm

Briscoe Darling   Offline
"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

AFD wrote on Jan 28th, 2009 at 8:22pm:
Prayers for all the requests above.  

Wanted to ask for prayer for my family. My 95 yo grandma had a stroke yesterday morning and cat scan reveals immense damage to one side of her brain. She was only slightly responsive and medication was being given to basically keep her heart going. As of 7:30 pm central time, my dad and his brothers had the Doc pull her off the heart medication(?) and she has a DNR order. So please pray for a peaceful passing for my grandma and peace for my dad and his 2 brothers as there has been some difficulties between the brothers over the last couple of years. Thanks folks.

I'll be prayin' AFD.    Us bluegrassers gotta pray for each other!  Wink

"Thought about killin' him, kinda hated to go that far"
IP Logged

Reply #316 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 12:05am

PharmacyGal :)   Offline
Looking foward to TOM
Washington State

I'll be praying also AFD

I'd be happy to go to the dance with you Andy!
IP Logged

Reply #317 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 1:39am

AFD   Offline
"Frozen Dinners?  They're
good - I like 'em!"
Missouri Ozarks

Just wanted to thank you all for the prayers and let you know how much my family appreciates them. Here's an update. My dad and uncles did not have the doc take the IV out last night. My oldest uncle seems to be taking this kind of hard (understandably), and is doing everything he can to keep them from letting my grandma go. They are now waiting on my cousin (his daughter) to come from Tennessee to see grandma before she passes. My oldest uncle is not saved and my folks believe he is afraid of dying himself, so that may be why he is so reticent to taking her off the IV as well. So we're still in the waiting game, and I just pray my grandma's body doesn't suffer.  My dad says he felt like her spirit has already left her body and is in the presence of the Lord, but that they're just keeping her 'body' here until those who need to come can come.

Again - thanks friends.  Your prayers mean the world to me.

Andy's Favorite Dish
IP Logged

Reply #318 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 7:11am

Ole_Sam   Offline
I Love Mayberry!
South Central Kentucky

I will certainly be praying for your family. I will also pray that the Lord may use this in some way to bring your uncle to Him.

IP Logged

Reply #319 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:52am

AFD   Offline
good - I like 'em!"
Missouri Ozarks

Thank you, Sam.  And I, too, am praying that my uncle, and my other unsaved loved ones for that matter, come to the knowledge of the Truth through this.

Andy's Favorite Dish
IP Logged

Reply #320 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 4:20am

clearwater_cop   Offline
I Love The Andy Griffith
Show!
Clearwater

AFD, thanks for sharing your families trial.  I pray that your cousin gets to see grandma before she goes home to be with the Lord.  My father passed away in August.  My wife and I drove up from Clearwater to Savannah due to my mom calling and saying it wouldnt be long (Alzhiemers got the best of him after 8 years - respiratory failure).  We drove up Friday night, visited my dad for a few hours, read his Bible to him (he liked that).  He passed away in his sleep that night, early Saturday morn.  God Bless you and your family.

Update on my wife's Bells Palsy.  She had a mild set back when she was attacked at the courthouse by the suspects family after the court hearing/guilty ruling from the burglary we had months ago.  However, she has had a lot of progress.  There has been great improvement in feeling and movement coming back.  Thank you for your prayers.

I think this is one of the best, if not THE best, part of this whole blackboard thing.   Smiley

"If there's anything that upsets me, it's having people say I'm sensitive"         - Barney Fife
IP Logged

Reply #321 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 6:53pm

Uncle Ollie   Offline
You know what they say
about widows Andy
North Carolina, USA

Prayers for AFD and family and also claerwatwercop and family.

Hate to knock your town Andy but Lake Charles black topped around the gas works three years ago!
IP Logged

Reply #322 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 10:48pm

"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

clearwater_cop wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 4:20am:
AFD, thanks for sharing your families trial.  I pray that your cousin gets to see grandma before she goes home to be with the Lord.  My father passed away in August.  My wife and I drove up from Clearwater to Savannah due to my mom calling and saying it wouldnt be long (Alzhiemers got the best of him after 8 years - respiratory failure).  We drove up Friday night, visited my dad for a few hours, read his Bible to him (he liked that).  He passed away in his sleep that night, early Saturday morn.  God Bless you and your family.

Update on my wife's Bells Palsy.  She had a mild set back when she was attacked at the courthouse by the suspects family after the court hearing/guilty ruling from the burglary we had months ago.  However, she has had a lot of progress.  There has been great improvement in feeling and movement coming back.  Thank you for your prayers.

I think this is one of the best, if not THE best, part of this whole blackboard thing.   Smiley

I'm sorry that these 2 incidents happened, CWC.  I can't believe your wife was attacked by the burglar's family!  Angry   I hope she wasn't injured.

I'll be glad to stand a post at your house while you're away.  I'll pull a "Clint Eastwood" and tell everyone to GET OFF CWC's LAWN!!!

I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad.  You and yours have been in my prayers since you joined here.  God bless you, CWC, and be safe over there in the sandpit.  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #323 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:02am
Regis  

Briscoe, we may have to get up a load and head south to take some sort of a measure if this keeps up.  This ain't right.  CWC is on the other side of the world making it safe for us to sleep at night and here some scum is causing his family problems.  Sounds to me like a hangin' might be called for.  Angry

IP Logged

Reply #324 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:05pm

Hodie Snitch   Offline
Get off my lawn.
Lynn Haven FL

Maybe an after hours visit to the local gator farm. Hummm.. 
Angry

This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.
Will Rogers
IP Logged

Reply #325 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 2:17pm

AFD   Offline
good - I like 'em!"
Missouri Ozarks

Thanks again folks, for the continued prayers.  Everyone who's needed to see Grandma has, so that's good.    I was mistaken when I mentioned something was being given to stimulate her heart - all she is being given (according to her wishes in her living will) is hydration through an IV, morphine, and oxygen. Grandma's body is still holding on...so we're just waiting on the Lord for the final outcome.

Thanks for sharing your story, CWC, and my thoughts are with you in your loss.  Sounds like your dad had a peaceful passing, and I'm glad you were able to be with him.  My prayers continue for your Mrs for a complete recovery from the Bell's Palsy.

Andy's Favorite Dish
IP Logged

Reply #326 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:44pm

"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

Quote:
Briscoe, we may have to get up a load and head south to take some sort of a measure if this keeps up.  This ain't right.  CWC is on the other side of the world making it safe for us to sleep at night and here some scum is causing his family problems.  Sounds to me like a hangin' might be called for.  Angry

Get the rope!

IP Logged

Reply #327 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:45pm

"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

AFD wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 2:17pm:
Thanks again folks, for the continued prayers.  Everyone who's needed to see Grandma has, so that's good.    I was mistaken when I mentioned something was being given to stimulate her heart - all she is being given (according to her wishes in her living will) is hydration through an IV, morphine, and oxygen. Grandma's body is still holding on...so we're just waiting on the Lord for the final outcome.

Thanks for sharing your story, CWC, and my thoughts are with you in your loss.  Sounds like your dad had a peaceful passing, and I'm glad you were able to be with him.  My prayers continue for your Mrs for a complete recovery from the Bell's Palsy.

Thanks for the update, AFD.  God bless you!   Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #328 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 2:27am

clearwater_cop   Offline
I Love The Andy Griffith
Show!
Clearwater

Thanks Briscoe, no she was not hurt...she was actually just grabbed, turned around and the suspect's sister was yelling in her face before the bailiff's pulled her away.  Though not harmed, it does not help with the healing of the Bells Palsy.

To just give a quick background: A female drug addict with two guys she got to help her, broke into our home while my wife was away and stole most all of my wife's jewlery, some of my police uniforms (with badge) - no gun though, electronic valuables as well as cosmetics.  Only items recovered were some photos and cosmetics in a dumpster - - where the female suspect led the detectives.  She was already on probation for possession of heroine.  After bailing out of the burglary charge, she was picked up again for check fraud from a drug store.  The lawyer (one of top 5 defense lawyers in Pinellas County) tried to convince my wife to tell the judge that she did not want to impose jail time but rather treatment only with probation.  I told my wife to express our desire to see jail time.  Her saying this on the stand is what got the family mad and the sister to attack Michelle after the hearing.

Thanks again for your prayers.  They work.  I try to reciprocate when I am able to look at them.

This was to just give some background

"If there's anything that upsets me, it's having people say I'm sensitive"         - Barney Fife
IP Logged

Reply #329 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 2:08pm

ThelmaLou   Offline
Tall, Dark and Door Prize!
Eden, North Carolina

That burns my hide CWC....God Bless your wife, she will be in my prayers...and Briscoe you and Regis swing by here  and get me cause I can hit a woman and not get in the trouble ya'll would... Angry

Don't ever say you have me in your hip pocket!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 
Send Topic Print