Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Check The eBullet Archives for all the issues of The eBullet, the TAGSRWC official eNewsletter, for all kinds of Mayberry news.
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prayer Works (Read 2183 times)
Apr 13th, 2010 at 9:19pm

Uncle Ollie   Offline
You know what they say
about widows Andy
North Carolina, USA

As some of you know I was diagnosed with lung cancer about two years ago. Had chemo and surgery.
Started having some pain about six weeks ago, had a PET scan about three weeks ago.
It showed two areas of concern, recurrence of cancer. Had lymph node light up on scan and also area where surgical staple is. Had biopsy Friday, met with Dr Monday and preliminary results were negative. Got final results from pathology report today from two Dr's and their is NO Cancer. Praise The Lord!
Prayer works and miracles still happen!

Hate to knock your town Andy but Lake Charles black topped around the gas works three years ago!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 10:32pm

Ole_Sam   Offline
I Love Mayberry!
South Central Kentucky

AMEN AND AMEN

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 3:15pm

lydia crosswaithe   Offline
georgia

Yes, prayers are heard! Good to hear Uncle Ollie!

I don't mind ordinary conversation,but I hate to chit chat!
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 7:25am

uncle nat   Offline
Hey, you ain't Uncle Nat....you're
a goat!
greencastle

That's great Ollie. I hope it stays away. As most of you know I lost my wife to lung cancer April 25, 2008. It's hard to believe it will be 2 years next Sunday! The tears on my pillow still bespeak the pain within my heart! Cry Cry Cry

One wrong move and we'll all go PLOOWIE!
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 9:45am

Phil Sunkel   Offline

uncle nat wrote on Apr 17th, 2010 at 7:25am:
hard to believe it will be 2 years...

I remember that day, Uncle Nat.  It still seems very recent.

Hang in there, bud.  We still pray for you.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 12:04pm

rip   Offline

Uncle Ollie wrote on Apr 13th, 2010 at 9:19pm:
As some of you know I was diagnosed with lung cancer about two years ago. Had chemo and surgery.
Started having some pain about six weeks ago, had a PET scan about three weeks ago.
It showed two areas of concern, recurrence of cancer. Had lymph node light up on scan and also area where surgical staple is. Had biopsy Friday, met with Dr Monday and preliminary results were negative. Got final results from pathology report today from two Dr's and their is NO Cancer. Praise The Lord!
Prayer works and miracles still happen!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 12:06pm

rip   Offline

uncle nat wrote on Apr 17th, 2010 at 7:25am:
That's great Ollie. I hope it stays away. As most of you know I lost my wife to lung cancer April 25, 2008. It's hard to believe it will be 2 years next Sunday! The tears on my pillow still bespeak the pain within my heart! Cry Cry Cry

Old friend, there were a lot of  us crying that day.  As always, you remain in our thoughts and prayers.  If you need me you know where I am.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 1:13pm

PharmacyGal :)   Offline
Looking foward to TOM
Washington State

Thanks for the update Uncle Ollie, I'm so glad to hear the news. Check your PM, you too Uncle Nat, I sent you both a PM...I'm trying to set something fun up but so far only one person showed interest in it Smiley

I'd be happy to go to the dance with you Andy!
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 7:55pm

lydia crosswaithe   Offline
georgia

Uncle Nat, I will say a little prayer for you too.  Words are inadequate for your loss, but know that others do still think of you.

I don't mind ordinary conversation,but I hate to chit chat!
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 10:54pm

Uncle Ollie   Offline
You know what they say
about widows Andy
North Carolina, USA

Sure was a worriesome couple week but like Andy says "I think we got her if she don't jump."
Thanks for all the kind words.

Still thinking of you too Nat, I know the pain, cancer got my father and my brother.......
Don't smoke!

Hate to knock your town Andy but Lake Charles black topped around the gas works three years ago!
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 8:20pm

widow bradshaw   Offline
I Thought you was the
widow Bradshaw!
Carolina

Uncle Ollie wrote on Apr 19th, 2010 at 10:54pm:
Don't smoke!

can't say it loud enough Ollie!

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 3:17am

Mc Beevee   Offline
Sarah,the lines are up.
North California

widow bradshaw wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 at 8:20pm:
Uncle Ollie wrote on Apr 19th, 2010 at 10:54pm:
Don't smoke!

can't say it loud enough Ollie!

Louder if there is anyone smoking ..QUIT if your young  DON'T START  trust me nothing good will come from it and your not cool.

Ollie that is great I am so happy for you way to go. Smiley

In this world Elwood you must be oh so smart or oh so Pleasant."Well for years I was smart, I recommend pleasant"....Elwood P. Dowd
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print