Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Miss Crump's will remain as an archived resource but no further new activity will be allowed. Please visit our NEW community at iMayberry Community
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Unwatchable TAGS? (Read 2700 times)
Aug 7th, 2010 at 4:34pm

John Masters   Offline
"Acapella, Acapella"
Missouri

Are there ANY TAGS episodes that you just cannot watch?? I know we all love it and it's an American tv icon, but is there any (single or more) that you just cannot watch?

Mine are color episodes. When Aunt Bee learns to fly, the milk truck horse, Bee goes to New Mexico, Emmett sells insurance, ANY of them with Sam.

Please remember.... dont go Glenn Fording all over town!!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 4:38pm

Briscoe Darling   Offline
"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

John Masters wrote on Aug 7th, 2010 at 4:34pm:
Are there ANY TAGS episodes that you just cannot watch?? I know we all love it and it's an American tv icon, but is there any (single or more) that you just cannot watch?

Mine are color episodes. When Aunt Bee learns to fly, the milk truck horse, Bee goes to New Mexico, Emmett sells insurance, ANY of them with Sam.

Nope.    I love 'em all and watch 'em all.   Wink

"Thought about killin' him, kinda hated to go that far"
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 7:22pm

Hungry Buzzard   Offline
Hey Peg! Wher'd you put
the pickles?
Peg's house

Gotta agree with the Aunt Bee learns to fly episode and throw in "Howard's New Life" and "Aunt Bee's Restaurant".

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 7:54pm

Ronald Bailey   Offline
Doesn't anybody in this
town know how to swing?
Southern Missouri Ozarks

... interesting. There is only one episode that i really do not watch and that is the first episode in season eight. I thought the way Andy spoke to Opie about his girlfriend made him out to be a bit of a jerk/creep or whatever. 

I almost have to think of the color episodes as their own show. Kind of a TAGS spin-off without Barney. I like some of these episodes in a different way. I actually like Aunt Bee's Chinese restaraunt episode, but have to agree that I'm not overly fond of the "Sam & Mike" episodes.

"Just tell him the boy busted a winder and wants to stand on his own two legs."
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 9:52pm

Ole_Sam   Offline
I Love Mayberry!
South Central Kentucky

I will not watch Aunt Bee learns how to fly.Also, I also do not like any episode with Sam Jones in it. If that makes me an unfaithful TAGS fan, then so be it.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 10:34pm

Shermy   Offline

I'm not crazy about Sam and Mike, although "Mayberry RFD" is the only one I'll rarely watch.

However, I do think it's interesting to see how they approached things back then. You'd expect "Mayberry RFD" would've made a better pilot for that show, while "Andy and Helen Get Married" would've been a more fitting TAGS finale.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2010 at 7:26am

widow bradshaw   Offline
I Thought you was the
widow Bradshaw!
Carolina

several i don't think are up to TAGS standards...but none i would turn off when they air on TV.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2010 at 10:11pm

Keevy Hazelton   Offline
Ocean View, VA

I watch them all.

"Don't take no nerve to do something when there ain't nothin' else you can do."....Tom Joad
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 8:25am

KC   Offline
I Love Mayberry!

There are quite a few I can't watch including most of the very early episodes before the characters were developed, and (like many of you) the ones with Sam Jones.  Also the one in which Opie comes in last in the races.  Opie is completely out of character in that episode.  And it is tough to watch Floyd in his final few episodes.  However, there is a multitude of episodes that I watch every chance I get even though I know every line.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 9:31am

Thelscuz   Offline
Everything's OK in Mayberry!

It's interesting how Andy started off as a lovable ole country boy who was optimistic, fun-loving, and apparently happy.  The character evolved, in the later episodes, into a sour, hateful, apparently miserable grouch. 

Although I love to watch almost all of the shows except the last season I can't understand why Andy lost his zest for living--and his country accent.  He sounds like a "city boy" in the later episodes.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 3:51pm

lydia crosswaithe   Offline
georgia

a "bad" TAGS is still better than a "good" tv show today!

I don't mind ordinary conversation,but I hate to chit chat!
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 4:57pm

Call the Man   Offline
Everything's OK in Mayberry!

I have a hard time watching Floyd's last few episodes. He was so great and the last few episodes he is really struggling.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 5:26pm

Ernest T Bass   Offline
didn't say nothin' about
no brick
The Great Midwest

I have 248 favorite episodes, over the years folks have asked which episode don't you like? well I see it like this if I told which one I didn't like and told why I don't like and it's your favorite well I might change you opinion on the episode and spoil something you like. Plus just because one isn't in my favorites list doesn't mean I wouldn't still watch it over everything else tv has to offer... well if another channel had on TAGS also I might flip over.
Cool

suprize,suprize,I can see it in your eyes, it's me ,it's me, it's Ernest T

http://amayberrystateofmind.org http://amayberrystateofmind.com
IP Logged

Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 6:24pm

Gone   Offline

The general public doesn't like the color episodes.  I like them.  Put it this way....a not so hot episode of TAGS is FAR better than any show on television today!  There's not 1 show that people will still be watching in the year 2040.  Do I watch when Aunt Bee flies or when Dolly won't deliver milk much?  No....but, a true fan will find something good in each "not so hot" episode.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 9:42pm

Keevy Hazelton   Offline
Ocean View, VA

Gone wrote on Aug 9th, 2010 at 6:24pm:
...a true fan will find something good in each "not so hot" episode. 

Hear, hear!

"Don't take no nerve to do something when there ain't nothin' else you can do."....Tom Joad
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print