Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Check The eBullet Archives for all the issues of The eBullet, the TAGSRWC official eNewsletter, for all kinds of Mayberry news.
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Please pray for Karl and his Mother (Read 2630 times)
Jan 29th, 2011 at 3:42pm

Puddingtame   Offline
I Love Mayberry!

I found out this morning that Karl Childers Mother took a fall a few days ago and banged herself up pretty bad. She is still in the hospital, and because of numerous other health issues and her age, they feel she will have to go to a nursing home or assisted living establishment.
I know this is a very hard thing for her and Karl to have to come to grips with. I asked for his permission to make this prayer request and I know he would be very thankful if we could remember his Mom for a quick recovery and for his family to be blessed in dealing with the decisions they will have to make in the coming days.
Thank you my Mayberry friends.

Puddingtame! Ask me again I'll tell you the same!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 4:07pm

lydia crosswaithe   Offline
georgia

Absolutely! Karl and his mom are in my prayers

I don't mind ordinary conversation,but I hate to chit chat!
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 5:03pm

Uncle Ollie   Offline
You know what they say
about widows Andy
North Carolina, USA

Karl you and your mother are definately in my prayers..

Hate to knock your town Andy but Lake Charles black topped around the gas works three years ago!
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 6:19pm

uncle nat   Offline
Hey, you ain't Uncle Nat....you're
a goat!
greencastle

Prayers go out to Karl and his family.

One wrong move and we'll all go PLOOWIE!
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 6:34pm

Hodie Snitch   Offline
Get off my lawn.
Lynn Haven FL

Prayers for everyone up Karl’s way. 

This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.
Will Rogers
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 4:14pm

rip   Offline

Thank you all.  I truly appreciate your prayers for my mom and me as well.  My mother is almost 90 and has been in declining health for quite a while, suffering from congestive heart failure, vertigo, and COPD.  She has always said she wants to live at her home and never in an assisted living facility so I have tried to do all I can to help her reach that goal.  Unfortunately my own declining health of the last few years has limited my ability to provide the care for her to reach that goal much longer.  Last Sunday she fell and wrenched her back badly.  I took her to the emergency room and she has been in the hospital since then.  She kept saying that she was improving and would be coming home but Friday the doctor called us in and said that her lungs and heart are in such bad shape that there is no way she can now survive without 24/7 doctor or nurse care....which means a nursing facility.  It has been a very hard week for all of us....trying to convince her of what has to be done as well as dealing with it ourselves.  The Lord is in charge of all and it is through him, and the prayers of friends like you that we get our strength.  Once again, I truly appreciate your prayers.

Getting old is no fun for anyone.  I am learning that first hand each day.   Cry

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:00pm

Clyde Pilot   Offline
"You got it, Ace"
Michigan

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Karl.  You and your mom will be in my prayers.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 11:08am

Leonard Blush   Offline
The Masked Singer
NC

Sure hate to hear this, Karl. Will be praying for both you and your mom.

Leonard Blush, Leonard Blush, Is that all you can think about, LEONARD BLUSH?!
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 11:28am

rip   Offline

Thanks again to everyone.  I truly appreciate it.

While we are at it, let all remember ot keep Uncle Ollie in our prayers also.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 2:10pm

Keevy Hazelton   Offline
Ocean View, VA

Here's  hoping things work out for the best for both of you, Karl. Good luck my friend.

"Don't take no nerve to do something when there ain't nothin' else you can do."....Tom Joad
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 7:46pm

Puddingtame   Offline
I Love Mayberry!

Hey Karl. I pray you are all doing ok. I have not been able to get on here since Saturday for some reason. Is your Mom still in the Hospital?
And yes, continued prayers for Uncle Ollie.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:42pm

Laura Lee Hobbs   Offline
The Dime Store

I hope things are better now, Karl.  I broke my leg last year and had to spend three weeks in a nursing home with a bunch of very sweet old ladies.  My roomie was 98!  We giggled like high school girls and made up excuses not to have to go to rehab.

I'll just bet your mother will soon find out that it's not the old timey "home," she's been dreading and she might actually enjoy all the attention from those nice young nurses. 

I got used to having my meals in bed while watching my own little hanging TV in no time at all.  Wink

(Of course all this depends on her physical health getting better.)

Prayers for both of you.

Somewhere between here and Denver is seven million dollars headed for Mayberry, and you and me and Gomer and Laura Lee Hobbs, we're gonna' receive it.
IP Logged

Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:56pm

rip   Offline

Thanks Puddy and thanks Laura Lee.   We moved her from the hospital to the rehab facility yesterday....hardest day thus far as she looked so helpless and afraid.  After a rocky start she got settled in pretty well.  I went to see her today and she seems more resigned to the situation and realizes it is the only choice either of us has.  She is still unable to walk but her breathing has improved a little.  Getting old is just no fun...for any of us.  Next week we will probably move her to another facility that will offer rehab and then long term care.....and a place where some of her friends are already...if an opening comes available as promised.  Hopefully that will make her feel better.  Thanks again to everyone for your prayers....they are MUCH appreciated....and I can assure you they are being answered!  Thanks you again my FRIENDS.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:59pm

Puddingtame   Offline
I Love Mayberry!

You're a good egg Karl.
Will keep you all in our prayers.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 7:05am

uncle nat   Offline
Hey, you ain't Uncle Nat....you're
a goat!
greencastle

Rehab can be a slow grueling process. It seems she's on the right path. Hang in there buddy. I'm sure your loving care is a comfort to her. God bless both of you.

One wrong move and we'll all go PLOOWIE!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print