Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Miss Crump's will remain as an archived resource but no further new activity will be allowed.  Please visit our NEW community at iMayberry Community
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mayberry heaven! (Read 6738 times)
May 8th, 2011 at 8:46am

Aunt_Bee   Offline
I Love Mayberry!
Wilson, NC

This may sound silly, but I wouldn't be one bit disappointed if when we get to the pearly gates, Aunt Bee is there to welcome us!  She'll take us over to the hotel where we can unpack and invite us over for supper.  Then we have the fun task of picking out a house in town (no modern houses)
where we'll pot petunias and try to grow prize winning roses. Of course, there will be many great times at the diner and Morelli's and endless movies at the Grand.  Dances and picnics and fishing at Myer's Lake...  Sunday mornings, we all show up for a great sermon from Rev. Tucker.  Nights, we'll sit out on the porch on wicker furniture and watch the children playing under the street lights.  Aghhhhhhhhhh! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 8th, 2011 at 9:08am

Nat Pike   Offline
BANNED

I wouldn't be one bit disappointed if when I get to the pearly gates, Hugh Hefner is waiting for me. And standing at his side, each month since December 1953 to present date.
The idea of being surrounded by all that beauty in the Mansion and watching reruns of TAGS...Now that's Heaven!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 8th, 2011 at 12:15pm

Dud Wash   Offline
A pestilence will find
you.
Texas

Pardon Nat, Bee.  He's not right in the head.  Grin

"How 'bout playin' Never Hit Yer Grandma with A Great Big Stick?"
IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2011 at 1:35pm

Aunt_Bee   Offline
I Love Mayberry!
Wilson, NC

You're right!  He won't find girls like that in Mayberry!!  He needs to go to Mount Pilot to find fun girls!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2011 at 2:39pm

Briscoe Darling   Offline
"You arguin' with me?"
Ruffton, NC

Nat Pike wrote on May 8th, 2011 at 9:08am:
I wouldn't be one bit disappointed if when I get to the pearly gates, Hugh Hefner is waiting for me. And standing at his side, each month since December 1953 to present date.
The idea of being surrounded by all that beauty in the Mansion and watching reruns of TAGS...Now that's Heaven!

I can assure you that Hugh Hefner won't be in Heaven, nor will anything else be there that appeals to the flesh.

"Thought about killin' him, kinda hated to go that far"
IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2011 at 5:41pm

Thelscuz   Offline
Everything's OK in Mayberry!

Aunt Bee, your idea of heaven sounds fine to me.  We might throw in some homemade ice cream, Andy pickin' and everybody singin' on the porch, and going down to get a bottle of co-cola every now and then.

It don't get much better than that!

IP Logged

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2011 at 7:15pm

Floyd   Offline
Everythings OKAY in Mayberry!
Huntsville

Briscoe Darling wrote on May 8th, 2011 at 2:39pm:
I can assure you that Hugh Hefner won't be in Heaven, nor will anything else be there that appeals to the flesh. 

I have to agree with Briscoe on this one...ESPECIALLY the second part.  I pray there is a chance that Mr. Hefner may repent but we won't find out until we're there.

I like Aunt Bee's version of a "Mayberry" heaven but I really think it'll be even better than that.   Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2011 at 8:56pm

Dud Wash   Offline
A pestilence will find
you.
Texas

Floyd wrote on May 8th, 2011 at 7:15pm:
I like Aunt Bee's version of a "Mayberry" heaven but I really think it'll be even better than that.   Smiley

Ya mean chickin' n dumplins and sweet tater pie?

"How 'bout playin' Never Hit Yer Grandma with A Great Big Stick?"
IP Logged

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2011 at 9:43pm

Floyd   Offline
Everythings OKAY in Mayberry!
Huntsville

Dud Wash wrote on May 8th, 2011 at 8:56pm:
Ya mean chickin' n dumplins and sweet tater pie? 

Maybe even leg of lamb with an apple pie for desert.

I'm getting hungry....

IP Logged

Reply #9 - May 10th, 2011 at 10:46am

juaneets head to feet   Offline
You wear your uniform,
and I'll wear my uniform!
Oklahoma

Leg of Lamb?  Andy's favorite dish! Cheesy

Cockadoodle doo!  Cockadoodle doo!
IP Logged

Reply #10 - May 10th, 2011 at 12:45pm

tiltjlp   Offline
She Was A Sweet Cat
Cheviot Ohio

juaneets head to feet wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 10:46am:
Leg of Lamb?  Andy's favorite dish! Cheesy

And Otis first choice as a weapon.

John
IP Logged

Reply #11 - May 10th, 2011 at 1:16pm

Rare Nickle   Offline
Archie Bunker For President
Gastonia, N.C.

I can assure you that Hugh Hefner won't be in Heaven, nor will anything else be there that appeals to the flesh. [/quote]

Thats dumb.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - May 10th, 2011 at 3:56pm

Principal   Offline
Mr. Hampton
Mayberry Union High

Rare Nickle wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 1:16pm:
Thats dumb. 

If you believe the Bible, it is true.  Many people have religious beliefs and convictions that others do not share but that to not make those beliefs dumb.

I would hope that folks in Mayberry might be able to enjoy each others company even if we disagree on beliefs.  Part of that enjoyment would been to recognize heartfelt beliefs/convictions of those we care about.

I understand you may not agree with Briscoe's convictions but please respect that they are heartfelt.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2011 at 9:52pm

Nat Pike   Offline
BANNED

Wow. Look what a little lite humor gets you. Drop off at Walker's Drug Store and take a pill people. Didn't realize I'm not getting into heaven because I opened a Playboy Magazine in 1985. But thanks for pointing your finger at me and making me and others aware of your heart felt convictions.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - May 10th, 2011 at 10:56pm

Squad Car   Offline

But now, does that mean that none of the guys that were hanging out in Floyd's barbershop when Barbara Eden came waltzing in will be allowed in Heaven?  Because they sure were admiring Barbara Eden's flesh.  Sure, most of her flesh was covered, but that which was exposed (like her legs) was being walked all over by all their eyes!

And yes, I'm certain that Briscoe's convictions are heartfelt, and I respect them.  But then too, most likely, Rare Nickle's convictions are heartfelt, too!   Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print