Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Visit iMayberry.com for more Mayberry fun.
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Marathon Alert! (Read 1037 times)
Nov 24th, 2011 at 6:47am

Malcolm Tucker   Offline
I can peel an apple without
breaking the peeling!

I just looked at the TV schedule for today, and noticed that TV Land is running a 12-hour marathon of TAGS episodes, starting at 7:00 a.m. Central Time.

The first episode they're running is "The Pickle Story," followed by "Barney and the Choir," then "Mr. McBeeVee" and many other favorites.

Just wanted to give everyone a "heads-up" in case you weren't aware of it. I'm about to fire up the TV set!

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Grin

"For the love of Mike...do it, do it, just do it! Go take a nap! Go to Thelma Lou's for TV!"
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 6:53pm

Guitar Player   Offline
"Got time to breathe,
Got time for music"
New Port Richey, Fl

yeah i watched about 4 episodes then they started repeating them Angrydont like tvland Angry

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 7:20pm

SWFLguy   Offline
Mr. Schwump rocks !
SW FL

Watched a couple, but got too busy and did not see anymore. Sad if they were repeating episodes. Bad bad bad TV-Land if true.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 8:09pm

Guitar Player   Offline
"Got time to breathe,
Got time for music"
New Port Richey, Fl

you would think with 249 Andy episodes you wouldnt have to repeat anything (dont even get me started on cut scenes)

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 2:44pm

juaneets head to feet   Offline
You wear your uniform,
and I'll wear my uniform!
Oklahoma

Kerosene Cucumbers. 

TV Land has been on the top of my list since they took of our show.

Cockadoodle doo!  Cockadoodle doo!
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 5:17pm

widow bradshaw   Offline
I Thought you was the
widow Bradshaw!
Carolina

oooh, I watched some great episodes yesterday, the Darlings, mr. McBeevee...et al. TVLAND added 5 minutes to the shows but trimmed very little from the episodes. I'm hoping they have heard our disgruntled screams Wink

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 10:17am

Al Becker   Offline
My Home's in Mayberry

Thanks for the heads-up, Mr. Tucker. I got a chance to see most of the marathon where others were watching - and laughing.

I don't think Mr. McBeevee could be done today.
2 characters smoked, and there's a scene of a little boy talking to a grown-up man not his father.
And not having cable tv of my own, I was a bit confused what 'Hot In Cleveland' plastered on the bottom-left of my screen meant whilst Andy was talking to Opie at the window. Huh

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 4:00pm

widow bradshaw   Offline
I Thought you was the
widow Bradshaw!
Carolina

Al Becker wrote on Nov 26th, 2011 at 10:17am:
'Hot In Cleveland'

are you being facetious? I think you're being facetious fa·ce·tious/fəˈsēSHəs! Wink Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:21am

Malcolm Tucker   Offline
I can peel an apple without
breaking the peeling!

Al Becker wrote on Nov 26th, 2011 at 10:17am:
Thanks for the heads-up, Mr. Tucker. I got a chance to see most of the marathon where others were watching - and laughing.

I don't think Mr. McBeevee could be done today.
2 characters smoked, and there's a scene of a little boy talking to a grown-up man not his father.
And not having cable tv of my own, I was a bit confused what 'Hot In Cleveland' plastered on the bottom-left of my screen meant whilst Andy was talking to Opie at the window. Huh

You're welcome...I felt kind of bad after I started this thread, then realized that the same handful of episodes were being repeated during the 12 hours.

I know what you mean about certain elements in the episodes that would not be used today, such as smoking, and talking to strangers...it's funny how times have changed.

When I grew up in roughly that same era, smoking was commonplace (my Grandma and Grandpa smoked, and so did my Dad). Also, I remember many a time watching, and talking to, various workmen in our neighborhood.

I think that's one of the main reasons I like shows such as TAGS, as well as old movies -- it's kind of like going back home again.  Smiley

"For the love of Mike...do it, do it, just do it! Go take a nap! Go to Thelma Lou's for TV!"
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 8:09am

Pierre   Offline
Say what you want dahhhhling,
but I married Ellen!

Talking to a gainfully employed pole climber is pretty tame.  Exspecially considering there were a couple hobos Opie had befriended.   Shocked

Also, too, back then a parent could feel reasonably safe letting a young'un run the neighborhood the way Opie did at such a young age.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print