Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Miss Crump's Blackboard
  Check The eBullet Archives for all the issues of The eBullet, the TAGSRWC official eNewsletter, for all kinds of Mayberry news.
  Home iMayberryCommunity Mayberry.info HelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Visiting Bedford Falls on Thanksgiving weekend. (Read 1413 times)
Nov 28th, 2011 at 9:00am

Pierre   Offline
Say what you want dahhhhling,
but I married Ellen!

I broke out the VHS of "It's a Wonderful Life".  It is loaded with TAGS alumna.  One I had here-to-fore missed was that of Nick from Martini's place before George was given the gift of seeing his family and friends without his life long influence, then Nick the owner of "Nick's" tavern.

'That's it! Out you two pixies go... through the door, or out the window! '  Angry

It is our own Sheldon Leonard, exec. Producer of TAGS, and then some.

I dearly love this movie. Smiley

Happy Thanksgiving folks.

and may I be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas!!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:43am

Malcolm Tucker   Offline
I can peel an apple without
breaking the peeling!

Merry Christmas to you, as well!

That is a great movie, one that I haven't seen in a few years.

I remember that, for a while, it seemed to air on several channels, multiple times, during the Christmas season, but I haven't seen it as frequently in recent years.

« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:00am by Malcolm Tucker »  

"For the love of Mike...do it, do it, just do it! Go take a nap! Go to Thelma Lou's for TV!"
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:11pm

SWFLguy   Offline
Mr. Schwump rocks !
SW FL

Bert and Ernie always get me.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 8:14am

Pierre   Offline
but I married Ellen!

There was a time, a couple years ago, that in the Chicargo market, It's a Wonderful Life was running almost constant between Thanksgiving and Christmas... on different stations, of course.

This one is on my Wish list to the big guy from the North Pole.  I have two VHS copies that I'd love to upgrade.  One is a colorized version.  That and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, It's a Charlie Brown Christmas and A Christmas Story.

SWFLguy wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:11pm:
Bert and Ernie always get me.

I've often wondered if the Bert and Ernie of Sesame Street fame were named as an homage to the IAWL Bert and Ernie.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 6:16pm

Hog Winslow   Offline
I Love Mayberry!
Gardendale, Alabama

Yes, they are definitely named after that Bert and Ernie.

"Just jump in where you can and hang on!"
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 6:38pm

Malcolm Tucker   Offline
breaking the peeling!

A bit off topic, but ABC is airing Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town this evening (12-01-11) at 7 p.m. Central time.

We've already seen How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer this week -- they'll probably run them again between now and Christmas.

It is nice to have your own DVDs, though, because the networks sometime like to delete scenes from a show.

Cool

"For the love of Mike...do it, do it, just do it! Go take a nap! Go to Thelma Lou's for TV!"
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:49am

Puddingtame   Offline
I Love Mayberry!

And they love to sneak in a commercial or two sometimes.

Puddingtame! Ask me again I'll tell you the same!
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 1:47pm

Shermy   Offline

I've never had any trouble with George being shown an alternate reality- or the fact that he was a young man pushing forty- but...Donna Reed ending up as an old maid?   Shocked

I always half-expect George to call Clarence's bluff on that one.  It just seems a little too far-fetched.    Wink

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:06pm

Malcolm Tucker   Offline
breaking the peeling!

Shermy wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 1:47pm:
I've never had any trouble with George being shown an alternate reality- or the fact that he was a young man pushing forty- but...Donna Reed ending up as an old maid? Shocked

I always half-expect George to call Clarence's bluff on that one. It just seems a little too far-fetched. Wink

I agree -- she would have had her pick of several suitors, I would imagine... Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 6:54pm

Malcolm Tucker   Offline
breaking the peeling!

Sorry for the short notice, but it looks like NBC will be running It's A Wonderful Life this evening (Saturday, Dec. 3rd) at 7 p.m. Central time...we're going to tune in a few minutes from now!

Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 6:07pm

Pierre   Offline
but I married Ellen!

Malcolm Tucker wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:06pm:
I agree -- she would have had her pick of several suitors, I would imagine... Cheesy

I've known several women who've gone to their graves having never been married.  They were all considered good looking and marriageable.  They just did not find the right man who shared their ideals, goals and morals.  I, personally can believe, even a good looking woman as Mary Hatch would not get married, save for the 'right' man.

Obviously, she had the good sense to turn down the advances of one, Carl "Alflafa" Switzer.  In case anyone of you folks here (Not likely knowing most are Trained Noticers) he is the character Freddy Othello, who is coerced (not much coercion required) to open up the dance floor.  Oddly, Even having a speaking part, he went uncredited.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print